We are excited to announce our online hot lunch order process and meal card system, called E-MENZA. Please find below a short introduction and instructions on how to REGISTER yourself and add your student(s) to your account.
If you'd like to order hot lunch from September 5th, please complete the registration process before the Back-to-School Event (or by the first day of school, the latest)!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Meals ordered in E-MENZA will be added to the meal card assigned to the student, and will be distributed after their meal card is swiped at the reader in the cafeteria by our kitchen staff. Students will be responsible to bring their meal cards to school every day (except for Early Grades students - their cards will be managed by their classroom teacher).
Once you create an account (register) on the e-Menza website, you can log in and manage orders from home, work or any other place with internet access. There is no need to install any software: the interface can be accessed using a web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox or Edge), even from a smartphone.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
REGISTER YOURSELF - Create an account
- Go to your inbox and look for an email (in Hungarian) from Menzakártya. You should receive one email per child. There will be a registration code under your child's name. Copy the code. (Make sure to check your spam folder. If you don't receive the email by the end of the day on August 9, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can translate emails with Google Translate.)
- Go to https://icsbudapest.e-menza.hu, choose Regisztráció/Registration. (Remember, you can always TRANSLATE A PAGE in Google Chrome by right clicking anywhere on the page and choosing 'Translate to English'!)
REGISTER YOUR CHILD - Connect your child to your account
- After the registration is complete, the system will automatically log you in and pull up a blank text box. Paste the registration code in the text box from the email from e-Menza and hit Registration.
- You will be taken to your student's account, where you'll be able to track the meals ordered by day and by student, and order more meals or view the lunch menu. (Please DO NOT PLACE ANY ORDERS until we inform you that the menu is complete and the system is ready for orders!)
- If you would like to add more children to your account, please click on the '+Add Child' button in the upper right corner and paste the registration codes from the emails you received for any additional children.
If you have used the e-Menza system before, you do not need to register a new parent account. Log in with your email address and assign your child to your parent's account.
Each student whose account has been registered by the parent will receive a meal card from Ms. Anita Patai, the school cashier during our Back-to-School Event or can be picked up in her office by Friday, September 2nd, at the latest. The meal card will have to be activated (scanned) in the cashier's office before the first use!
One meal card per student is provided by the school free of charge. In case of loss or damage, the meal card can be replaced for a 3.000 Ft charge. Please return the meal card to the cashier's office, if you are not using it anymore.
Orders for September can be placed between August 29th-31st. We will start serving hot lunch on Monday, September 5th.
We will inform you through the ICSB Weekly newsletter when the monthly menu will be uploaded to e-Menza. You will then be able to place your order online and choose your payment method (bank card, bank transfer, or cash) as well.
The hot lunch menu will only be available through the e-Menza website (no paper copy will be printed).
If your child is absent from school due to illness or any other reasons, you can easily cancel meals for the duration of the absence, no later than 9 a.m. on the last workday before a specific day of absence. To cancel a meal, simply click on a specific day in the interface and confirm the cancellation. The value of the canceled meal(s) will be credited to your account and automatically deducted from the total of your next order.
You can view your orders and invoices under the "Finances" tab. Click on each order line to see the ordered meals, the periods, the status of the orders, the method of payment and the amount to be paid. By selecting the invoice lines, a printable version of the invoice is available.
We hope that e-Menza will be a convenient way for you to manage hot lunch orders. In the meantime, should you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us via email.
Ildikó Tabajdi and Anita Patai