Shared Learning Plan
We understand in these times, that there may be a period of time in which a student cannot be physically present at school. Although, our teachers cannot provide a full distance learning program while also running an on-site program, we do want to support our students who may need to be home temporarily. It is not expected that this would be a sustained learning situation.
In this situation, if a student is well enough to do schoolwork, he/she will not be counted as absent, but as present/remote.
- Provide necessary instruction or an alternative to meet learning objectives
- Provide assignments for students to complete and directions on submitting them
- Give directions and/or schedule for any live class meetings
- Record classes, when this is advantageous, and post the recorded class to PowerSchool and/or Teams
- Assess and give feedback on assignments
- Inform student when he/she is available to meet
- Inform the school through the attendance email that the student is participating in the shared learning plan and provide the reason that learning from home is necessary
- Encourage the student to keep up with schoolwork
- Check in each morning so that the teacher knows the student is learning that day
- Complete assignments and submit them
- Attend any scheduled live meetings
- Be proactive in seeking help when needed