Distance Learning Schedule and Learning Time Considerations
- For MS & HS students, therapists will be in touch via Teams or email about when meeting times will occur. The time will depend on how each grade level has set up their class schedules.
- For ES students, therapists will be in touch with the parents concerning when to “meet” with students.
- Students accept, as necessary, Microsoft Team requests from therapist where video conferencing will occur, and some content will be delivered there too.
- Therapists and students (parents) will set up video chats. Part of the work will also be delivered to students to work on independently. For some therapies, especially OT and Speech, the parents may need to assist their child in completion of activities.
- Regular communication will be key.
- For Guided Study Halls, students and therapist can communicate via Microsoft Teams. The student can log into their PowerSchool account, then share their screen with the therapist. Together they can go through missing assignments, upcoming assignments & tests. The student will need to communicate which assignments they need help on. The meeting time will be dependent on the student’s core courses schedule.
- For NILD, students will have books at home. Content will mostly be delivered via video conferencing on Teams.