ICSB Internet Acceptable Use Policy
ICSB believes that the Internet has much to offer students with its wide variety of resources. Learning to use available information technologies is a valuable life skill. It is our goal to educate students about efficient, ethical, and appropriate use of those resources.
Thus, we will provide:
- A reliable connection that is protected by a respected content filtering solution.
- Supervision of students while they are using the internet.
- Training for students in appropriate internet use.
The student is held responsible for his/her actions whenever using the internet. The following internet activities are prohibited at ICSB:
- Using the network for financial transactions or purchasing online items, unless approved by a staff member
- Illegal activity, including hacking into private networks, distributing malicious software, distributing copyrighted materials and/or logging network data
- Accessing inappropriate websites including sites containing pornography, extreme violence, and/or other offensive materials
- Changing settings on school equipment to degrade or disrupt the equipment or system performance.
- Accessing another person’s school account without their knowledge and permission
The students and his/her parents must understand that the student uses the internet at his/her own risk. Thus, it is the student (not ICSB) who is responsible for:
- Student access of inappropriate or unreliable internet content.
- Costs students incur if they request a product or service for a fee.
- Illegal activities
- Unauthorized use of the school’s internet access facility or the failure of the student to comply with the policy.