Middle School Distance Learning Plan
Divisional Priorities and Considerations
The primary tools for communication between teachers and families will be PowerSchool and email. Teachers will share materials directly to Class Pages in PowerSchool. Students will be required to check in daily by contacting their first period class teacher through Power School or Teams.
- Distance learning for our adolescent learners will focus on covering core content.
- Students will have learning activities that are both off and on-line.
- Core subjects will “meet” as scheduled (see below).
- Teachers will be available for questions and clarification during the scheduled class times.
- Students can use email, Power School, or discussion blogs to contact teachers.
- Teachers may also schedule individual or small group online meetings to monitor student progress and give feedback.
- Tutoring is not recommended, nor should a parent/guardian be over-involved. However, parents may be asked to proctor a test.
Student Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow the MS Distance Learning Plan Schedule and engage actively. ‘Attend’ the online learning activities at the right time.
- Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully.
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty, doing your best work.
- Communicate proactively with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Sign the Middle School Student Assessment Integrity Form
- Collaborate with and support your peers in their learning.
- Proactively seek out and communicate with other adults at ICSB as different needs arise (see Contact Information below).
Students are encouraged to add optional activities to their day, such as:
- Learn how to do something of personal interest
- Practice musical instrument
- Create art
- Build models
- Be physically active
|Time / Day||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|8:15-8:30||Bible Class directed by grade level Bible Teachers|
|8:30-9:15 Period 1||6th grade Science|
|7th grade History|
|8th grade English|
|9:30-10:15 Period 2||6th grade History|
|7th grade Math (Mon-Fri) AND 7th/8th grade Pre-Algebra, 8th grade Algebra (Mon-Fri)|
|10:30-11:15 Period 3||6th grade Math|
|7th grade English|
|8th grade Science|
|11:30-12:15 Period 4||6th grade English|
|7th grade Science|
|8th grade History|
|12:15||End of Academic Day|
Resources and Communication Methods
Resources vary by class and lesson, but will include links to videos, graphic organizers or cloze passages to complete, scanned material to read and engage with, independent research material from our databases, and reading material. Students are encouraged to take all books home nightly if school moves to Level 3-Medium Risk. Tools used to facilitate learning may include: Power School Class Pages, Office 365, Student Textbooks, Teacher Resources and Video Conferencing Tools. Students are encouraged to be proactive in reaching out to teachers when they have questions or assignments are unclear. Students can use email, Power School, or discussion blogs to contact teachers.
|For questions about...||Contact:|
|Student work, classroom resources, or learning activities||Classroom teacher by email or PowerSchool|
|Technology related questions or issues||Classroom teacher or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Distance Learning related issue||Principal: Mrs. Carol Dallstream email@example.com|