Elementary School Distance Learning Plan
Divisional Priorities and Considerations
- The primary tools for communication between teachers and families will be PowerSchool, Website, and email. Teachers will assign work daily.
- Students will have both off- and on-screen learning activities designed to engage ES learners in experiences that connect to the current curriculum.
- Learning tasks and activities will provide direction to families on how best to support student learning and the expected level of adult involvement.
- Students and parents are encouraged to be proactive in reaching out to teachers (through our above-mentioned methods) when they have questions or assignments are unclear.
Student/Parent Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences (e.g. 9:00 am start)
- Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully
- Receive and complete daily assignments/tasks
- Regularly monitor online platforms (PowerSchool, website, email, etc.) to check for announcements and feedback from your teachers
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty, doing your best work
- Parents please allow your student to do their own work and only guide them when needed
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, and due dates
- Communicate proactively with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support
Schedule & Learning Time Considerations
- Students will need to check in daily at 9:00 am and get their daily assignments.
- Student learning activities/assignments will be communicated by the individual teacher. Those plans will be posted daily at 9:00 am.
- Teachers are available to answer student’s questions during the day. Teachers will be online from 9:00-13:00.
Resources and Communication Methods
- Student books and workbooks
|For questions about...||Contact:|
|Student work, classroom resources, or learning activities||Classroom teacher by email or PowerSchool|
|Technology related questions or issues||Classroom teacher or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Distance Learning related issue||Principal: Mrs. Stephanie Bishop email@example.com|